Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ridin' Around in My Automobile

For once we had a nice day and I took advantage of the weather and went out for a drive in my new car. And while I was out and about I decided to go down to the State Recreation Area and buy our yearly pass to the state parks before going in and take pictures of the lake.


Hmm, guess I'm not going to picnic at this shelter house considering that it is now on an island.


And I guess I can't park in this parking lot on a penninsula.


But, I could park up by the hotel and walk down to the docks. Fortunately floating docks do just that - float.


Some of these boats are really big.


Can't go sit out in the gazebo either. Good thing the hotel is closed for remodeling right now.

There are some nice (and dry) walkways to the docks.

They had to extend some of the docks by several feet so that people could get to their very big boats.


No swimming today. Not only is the beach under water, but so are the parking lots.

No comments: