Thursday, June 5, 2008

Do You Remember This?
Now if you recall, a couple of months ago I posted this picture of one of my Canada Red Chokeberry trees. And I gave you a vague hint that surprises awaited...




And now you can begin to see my point. For most of their "leafing" season, these trees have purple foliage. In fact, as I had bought these two trees so late in the year, I had no idea that these trees could ever have green leaves. Who knew?


And here you can clearly see the difference between the old and the new foliage.


The nigella (love-in-a-mist) is in full bloom - even in full shade.


I got one of these plants at our county's Master Gardener yearly plant exchange two years ago. After I had spent several months trying to figure out what this mystery plant was, I finally succeded. Only to promply forget what I had learned. I hate getting old. No,

Oh, but you are in luck. I rediscovered the identity of this mystery plant. Are you ready?

Good. Campanula Glomerata (Clustered Bellflower). Now, how could I have forgotten that? Geez, it's awful getting old.




The seed pod of nigella (love-in-a-mist).



No comments: