Friday, May 30, 2008

Heh, heh, heh

Today was a lazy day, so to speak. So says she who spent an hour and a half in the garden this morning, and even more time this afternoon dealing with other projects around the house.

So, enter the dinner negotiations with the husband: do I dig deep within myself to create a nice dinner with the left-over turkey breast tenderloin (nah! that's no fun!), do I find the energy to get dressed up so we can go out, or do we just order pizza in? Finally we decided on ordering pizza to go. Ah, but here's the twist: Kelley is out with friends this evening, but wants some leftover pizza. And Mr P and I don't agree on toppings. So I call to order the pizza and tell the young man that I want a large pepperoni pizza with 1/3 mushroom topping and 2/3 onion topping. Can I tell you that this young man was left sputtering over the phone?

But, it worked out and we got what we wanted. Not bad for publicly educated youth. I am impressed.

2 comments:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Hee, Marilyn. That reminds me of the time I was at the FoodLion deli and ordered 1/2 pound of whatever. I got 5 oz. Damn new math.

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Or when you order 3/4 pound. And they tell you it only comes in 4 oz., 8 oz., 12 oz., and 1 lb.