Thursday, May 1, 2008

Greetings from the Garden and Beyond

Have I mentioned (within the last five minutes) just how much I love this time of year? No? Well, I can see that you haven't been paying attention then. Tsk, tsk.





I love this view out my back door this time of year.


And I really love the shadow patterns from the old fence.


A shady corner of my garden.


The two dogwoods and the fothergilla bloom by the false goldthread cypress.


Do you see this nasty truck that is ruining my perfect picture? The inconsiderate driver parks in this same spot every morning. How absolutely rude. I feel like giving out a parking ticket every time I drive by the Clear Creek Trail and see this vehicle parked in my view. Upset? Who, me? Why would you ask that?



Close up of a redbud tree.


For the fourth time in three weeks I am trekking up to Indianapolis. At least the drive is pretty this time of year.





Do you want to know what it's like to try to take pictures of a sunset and the dissapating jet trails while traveling at 60 miles or so an hour? And no, I wasn't driving this time.


My fothergilla is in full bloom now.


Aren't the blooms pretty?


Now, I know that most people would consider these violets to be a weed, but how can I turn down these lovelies? I think I'll let them stay.

Well, I survived my 15 (or one) minutes of fame. Even though I 'watched' myself on TV with my head on the desk this evening. Oh, didn't I mention that I was interviewed in my official capacity as the president of our county's Master Gardener association for a show called Weekly Special on our local PBS station, WTIU? Actually, I was and I must say that while I didn't exactly sound like an idiot, I do have a face for radio.


3 comments:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

I love the sunset picture with the jet trails. And I want a video.

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Oh, and in the shady corner of your garden, is that Japonica Fatsia?

Marilyn said...

The shady corner has 3 dicentra (bleeding hearts), an astilbe, and off to the right is an oak-leaf hydrangea. And a few dandelions.