Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Family Dinner

Unfortunately, it is a very rare occurance any more when all three of us happen to exist at the same time and at the same place, and are ready to eat at the same time. I, however, am ready for each and every time this occurs.




Oh look, I'm Semi-Ho'ing it: I am making a potluck standby - Harvest Potatoes. Let's see: we start with pre-frozen, pre-shredded hash browns, condensed cream of mushroom soup, onion, various cheese, salt, pepper and sour cream.


First, we mix together the condensed soup, sour cream, salt, pepper, chopped onion and various shredded cheese. Then we add in the hashed browns.


Spread evenly in a greased casserole dish. Add additional cheese on top.


Melt 1 tablespoon butter and add 3 tablespoons crushed crackers or breadcrumbs and spread evenly over the top.


Ooh, look! Meatloaf! And now on with the show...


Wow, it's a Who's Who of comfort food tonight. This time I added sliced shallots and sliced raw bacon to the green beans. Kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil complete the dish.


Now admit it, you wish you were here.

1 comment:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

I think Imonna hafta try that hash brown casserole.

And I loves me some meatloaf.

Do try Hunt's seasoned sauce for meatloaf.