Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Dinner


Today was a casual day around here, after the excitement of watching not one, but two, exciting races yesterday. I am so proud of me: part way through listening to the Indy 500 on the radio, I found a video stream of the race on the Indy Racing League's web site. Sweet!


I found some leftover Napa cabbage in the fridge and finely chopped it. I then grated a carrot and diced some red onion.


Now for my homemade slaw dressing. I mix together about 1/4 c. mayonnaise or salad dressing, 2 tbs. white vinegar and 2 tbs. granulated sugar. I would suggest playing around with the amounts until you get the taste you like.


The cole slaw is ready for serving.


And now on to the mustard sauce. I mixed honey, whole grain Dijon mustard, yellow mustard and diced rosemary in a bowl.


This will accompany the sauteed pork chops.


I have three boneless pork loin chops for dinner. I seasoned both sides with my homemade pork dry rub seasoning.

Pork Dry Rub

1 tsp. sugar

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1/2 tsp. ground ginger

1/2 tsp. dry mustard

1/2 tsp. paprika

1/4 tsp. Salt

Mix and store in an air-tight container in a cool, dark place.

Sear the pork loin chops over high heat and then reduce the heat to medium. Cook until the internal temperature is 140 degrees for a medium doneness.


I made Kelley's favorite green beans with bacon and shallots as an additional side.

No comments: