Thursday, May 1, 2008

My Daughter, the Semi-Homemaker

I am definitely blaming Sandra Lee for this one. I came home from town the other day to find that my daughter had been playing in the kitchen. Now she is threatening to email this arrussippee IN to Sandra Lee in hopes of getting on her show, Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee. I'm scared. I'm very scared.


The ingrediunts: Girl Scouts Thin Mints, and Hershey's semi sweet chocolate chips. She heats a cup of water to boiling in the microwave and then puts some chocolate chips in the bowl that she places over the hot water.


After a few minutes the chocolates melt.


Darling Daughter then spoons some of the melted chocolate over the thin mint and smoothes it out.


A single chocolate chip decorates the top so that you will know what is in this dish. She learned that helpful tip from Sandra Lee.

And wallah! The Double Chocolate Mint Cookies are ready to firm up in the refrigerator.



As I sat there weeping, my dear daughter did remind me that no seasoning packets, aigstracts or expresso were used in the making of this dish. Well, perhaps there is hope after all. And they were actually pretty good, too.

And it turned out that she was just pulling my leg on the whole idea about getting on Sandra Lee's show.

4 comments:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

I just wanna tellya, Dear Daughter is the smartest thing on the block. Super simple! Perfection! It's chocolate, chocolate, and CHOCOLATE!
The Trinity.

Rosie Hawthorne said...

"And it turned out that she was just pulling my leg on the whole idea about getting on Sandra Lee's show."

Oh no. She should totally send this in. Dear Niece, promise Auntie Rosie you will.

Rosie Hawthorne said...

She's a genius, I tell ya. Genius!

Rosie Hawthorne said...

OMG. I just double clicked on the plate of triple chocolate, so it came up BIG. And it's a plate full of chocolate NIPPLES! AYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEE!