Thursday, May 29, 2008

Another Day, Another Stroll
Come, see what is blooming in my garden now...


Rainbow's End Miniature Rose. Note to self: treat roses for black spot. A 'funny' fact: the fungus that causes black spot can't thrive in polluted areas. We have very little air pollution here, so black spot thrives.


This is my newest peony. I just planted this beauty this spring. When you plant a peony plant or the tuberous root, take care to only place it one inch deep in the ground. If you plant it too deeply, the peony may not bloom.


My favorite rose, an English rose that was created by David Austin. I truly wish you could smell this wonderful rose. Think of the old-fashioned heady, fruity roses from your grandmother's garden and you will be close to imagining the delightfully decadent fragrance that this particular rose imparts. Unfortunately, I have had little luck with preserving this rose as a cut flower.


And this is the 'something or other' clematis from the west-most edge of my deck. Hey, as many times as I have had to replant these things, you'd lose track of the name too.


I don't remember planting this. I don't think I planted this, but they come up every year and look nice anyway. Who am I to disagree?


My Tradescant English Rose. Very little fragrance as far as English Roses go, but it has a very nice deep red color, and it is decent in an arrangement.


Catmint. Nepeta Six Hills Giant.

1 comment:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Beautiful peonies.
Sniff. Sniff.
And clematis.
Sniff. Sniff.