Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Winter's Storm

Le sigh, the snow that was forecast did indeed arrive. We woke up this morning to see that we were snowed in.

After 12 hours of sleet yesterday, the snow started falling in the middle of the night.


Tis a winter wonderland.

The birds like to sit in this tree and chirp at me when I am out on 'their' deck.


12 inches. Great. And by the way, this wasn't a simple matter of just sticking the yardstick down into the snow to measure it. No, first I had to get a knife and cut through the 2-inch layer of sleet midway down so that I could get the yardstick to the bottom.



My daughter's car is somewhere under that snow pile in the driveway. Fortunately for her, Indiana University closed the campus for the day. The county is under a snow emergency as well. Only emergency and public safety vehicles are allowed on the roads.




If you click on the picture, you can see that the birds have been busy tracking through the snow.





Anyone need a table full of snow?






You weren't planning on trying to sit down here, were you?





Yep, that's a lot of snow.
At least I have the family here at home with me today. As far as I am concerned, the only way to enjoy the white stuff is from the inside of a nice, warm house.




And look who seems to be feeling better today. Finally. This little cat has caused me no end of worry these past few weeks. I think that Midnight just wanted to make sure that all of his Internet friends were thinking about him. The little scamp.

And now I will send you all warm and safe thoughts, no matter what your weather is today.