Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Plow Oops

You know that the roads are bad when the county snow plow gets stuck in front of your house. Repeatedly.

"Houston, we have a problem. "


" Why does this always happen to me?"


"Okay, now we're moving...."


" Or not. Rats, stuck again."


Finally he got unstuck, again, and moved down to the cul de sac, where he got stuck yet again. Are you seeing a pattern here?




Oh wait, our elderly neighbors are coming home. And now they are stuck in front of our house. My husband went out to help them, with only a little bit of prodding on our part. The driver of the snow plow also came to lend a hand, while the neighbor's wife helped. Between the three of them, they got the car going again. As a bonus, my husband got to meet some of our neighbors while doing a good deed.

My husband reported back that the county snow plows have been out on the roads non-stop since midnight on Monday.

My daughter thought you might enjoy seeing this report about IU from an Indianapolis news channel.

Have I mentioned how glad I am that I didn't have to go out today?

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I know, I know. Snow is a pain to drive in, it makes a mess, and it's hard to get to the store. But I want some anyway.

Wonder Schwermin said...

My girlfriend and I were amazed that they canceled class - that NEVER happened the whole time we were there. Wish they could have canceled the basketball game - We left at halftime because it was too darn painful to watch (and the stadium at NU has wooden bleachers for visiting fans.... a different kind of pain...)