Monday, January 26, 2009

A Winter's Day

A winter storm is heading our way and we already have an inch of snow from last night. So what is a foodie to do? Stay inside and make salad dressing, of course.

Oh look, snow. Joy.


I found a recipe for Blue Cheese Dressing on the Internet, and luckily I had all the ingredients on hand. Here I have ground mustard, garlic powder, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese and salt.



The mayonnaise, sour cream and Worcestershire sauce were blended together before the spices were added. These too were mixed in.



I wish it to be noted that I tried to follow the recipe as written. Really, I did. However, the dressing was just too thick, so I added some Half and Half until I was satisfied with the consistency.



Ooh, looks like I get to put my new digital kitchen scale to use.




Gently fold the blue cheese crumbles into the dressing.





The dressing is bottled and labeled. The salty tang of the blue cheese underscored the creamy texture of the dressing. Bonus: my husband liked the dressing too. I score!




And now, I would like to wish Rosie Hawthorne of Kitchens Are Monkey Business fame a very Happy Birthday!


2 comments:

Sara said...

I was just about to make some blue cheese dressing! I don't have a recipe, I was thinking about just combining some blue cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, cream, salt and pepper. Your recipe sounds great.

Rosie Hawthorne said...

WHOOT! Thank you, dear, for your birthday wishes.
As usual, your food looks delicious.

I want your snow. Whine.