Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Birds

As I was feeding my cat his dinner this evening, I heard this sound. I did believe it was the sound of birds. Being the curious soul that I am, I grabbed my camera and went out on the back deck to investigate this sound. You really should click on the pictures so you can better see the birds in flight. Just remember that there were many more sitting in the trees.


And what did I see? Birds. Thousands of birds. And they were all chirping and chattering. All several thousand of them.


This went on for several minutes, as the birds chirped and flew around. Surprisingly, I discovered that these were American Robins. I never knew that robins migrated in such large flocks.
Check out the video below. You won't really be able to see the birds, but the sound you hear is the birds chattering. This might give you an idea of what it sounded like.