Saturday, February 16, 2008

Low Carb and Not Really Loving It

Well, I've been good today. Even while I was at my daughter-in-law's baby shower today (Yikes! How is it that I am going to be a grandmother? How did that happen? No, wait - I really don't want to know.)




My lunch: a romaine leaf with ham, Swiss cheese, onion, and honey mustard and a side of leftover orzo salad with carrot, red onion, celery and sugar snap peas. The vinaigrette is white wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, dijon mustard and a sprinkling of sugar.


There was much food at the baby shower, but quite a bit of it was either chicken or carbs. Thus, I had 2 slices of ham (with the ends torn off because they may have been touching chicken), a half slice of Swiss cheese and a half slice of provlone cheese, carrots, celery sticks, broccoli and some chip dip for the veggies.

And now we have dinner. My poor family has been craving fried chicken, so I stopped on the way home from the baby shower to pick up some freshly made fried chicken and some beef for my dinner. Here, I used beef tri-tip for my salad. The verdict? My husband and daughter are happy campers while I feel like a rabbit, albeit a carnivorous rabbit. Excuse me while I twitch my whiskers...

No comments: