Thursday, October 11, 2007

Welcome to my World

As this is my first entry in my first blog, I suppose I should tell you a bit about myself. I am a self-taught cook who enjoys watching cooking shows and reading cook books. At my last count, I own 85 cookbooks. My silly husband heard that and said with misplaced confidence that I would never need to buy another cook book. Of course, I looked at him with all the patience a parent has for a reticent child. "No dear," I answered, "I am sure that I will need more as time goes on."

I will say that my husband and daughter often serve as my unwitting taste testers as I love to try out new recipes. More often than not, I will have a dish in mind, but after hours of searching through my books and on the internet, I will likely be creating my own recipe. I find this to be a wholly satisfying, if not always successful adventure.

So I invite you to step inside my world and explore the domestic life: the culinary, the utilitarian, as well as the decorative aspects. I look forward to sharing more with you.

No comments: