Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Randomness Happens



Tufted Titmouse against the morning fog






Welcome to more of my random world.



Those of you who are exceptionally intuitive and observant might have noticed that I like to photograph the world around me. Getting a digital camera has allowed me to take all the pictures I want, without worrying about the expense of the film or getting the film developed.




A collection of coleus at Munchkin Gardens in Southern Indiana

We are working on eating more healthy meals at home. Yesterday I made an Orzo and Vegetable Salad. I made tri-color orzo and drained the pasta while I chopped vegetables. This is a dish that can be made with what ever vegetables you might have on hand. Last night I cut broccoli, sugar snap peas, carrots, celery, red onion, and red bell pepper. I added crumbled Feta cheese to the dish. The vinaigrette was the juice of 1/2 lemon, Dijon mustard, extra virgin olive oil, honey and freshly cracked black pepper. The amounts vary according to taste. Toss the orzo, vegetables and cheese with the vinaigrette and serve. Good and good for you.






Orzo and Vegetable Salad - just enough left over for me today!



This dish saves well in the refrigerator and is great for lunch the next day.

No comments: