Thursday, October 25, 2007

Random Thoughts


Get used to it: I have a lot of random thoughts. So many that you just might need a program in order to keep up with me.

But first, this Public Service Announcement. While a good cutting board is an essential piece of kitchen equipment, it is often not enough to ensure food safety. I recently invested in a relatively inexpensive set of plastic mats that, when used properly, can help reduce the chances of cross-contamination. Because I am anal, I paired the colors with specific foods: red is for beef and pork, blue is for seafood, yellow is for poultry and green is used for vegetables. The mats can be washed by hand or in the dishwasher and take up very little storage space. Consider this investment for your kitchen.


Color-coded cutting mats


Now, on to the show.



Midnight has been exploring the inside of the dryer today



Kelley likes to take action shots - here I'm cooking lunch



Last evening's sunset


The inside of our county's courthouse dome. This photo won a blue ribbon and honors ribbon at this year's county fair. I took this photo while surrounded by a room full of people.

No comments: