Sunday, March 15, 2009

Road Trip!

The Foodie Girls are heading out on a road trip for spring break. Whoot!
Our destination? Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville, Tennessee.

My husband and I went there for an insurance convention 20 years ago. While he was in meetings, I wandered around the hotel and the three acres of gardens in the two atriums (atria?). They have since added another atrium that encompasses six acres, giving a total of nine acres of gardens under glass. This Master Gardener can't wait to explore and discover the 60,000 plants in the atriums.

These pictures were taken 20 years ago when I was last there.


Another view of the Cascades atrium with the programmed fountain.

There was a tunnel that ran under the waterfalls, with cutouts in the wall so that you could look out over the gardens.


The fountains were lit at night and the colors and water patterns changed with the music.



If memory serves, this is in the Magnolia lobby.




A waterfall in the Garden Conservatory.





Down stream from the waterfall.






This outdoor garden and gazebo provided the view from our hotel room.



Wow, this was me 20 years ago. What happened to me?
My daughter took one look at this old photograph and asked why I was wearing that. And no, she didn't care that it was in style 20 years ago.
Needless to say, my daughter will be checking over my wardrobe selections for this trip. I have been warned that I am not allowed to embarrass her by wearing the wrong clothing on this trip.
Oh well, how many 20-year-old college kids actually want to spend spring break with their moms?
We even have an afternoon booked at the spa for a massage and a facial for each of us. Sounds like a good time to me.
And not to fear: I will be taking many pictures and will be blogging when I am able. Hope you have a great week!

1 comment: