Monday, March 16, 2009

On the Road
The Foodie Girls headed out for our great adventure this morning. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

We cross the Ohio River and traffic in the right-hand lane comes to a screeching halt as the vehicles try to squeeze on the off-ramp.


Prior to leaving for our trip, I did some research and decided that as Elizabethtown, Kentucky was roughly half-way to our destination, that would serve as our lunch stop. I found a restaurant online that had some good reviews, so we decided to eat at The Stone Hearth Restaurant.

Now we just have to decide what to eat.


And the restaurant even passed Rosie Hawthorne's test. I asked for ice tea with lemon on the side. Look Rosie, I got five - count 'em - five lemon wedges.



Fresh rolls with strawberry butter arrive at our table.




I opted for the salad bar while the daughter had chicken tenders and fries. The cole slaw was especially tasty. Very nice indeed. After that filling lunch, it was time to head out on the road again.





We started seeing trees downed in Southern Indiana. The damage was much worse in Kentucky, especially south of Elizabethtown. This was likely the result of the strong storms with high winds and some tornadoes that rolled through the area last week.






This damage went on for miles and miles.




Darn it! We missed it!




At last! We have arrived.




Hmm, I guess this is what happens when you opt for the cheap room in a luxury hotel. Don't you just love this view out from our window?




At least the room is nicer.





Definitely nicer.




Whew, we even have two sinks. Good news for two women traveling together.
Next time.... the gardens!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you made it safely. Have a good time.

Rosie Hawthorne said...

I so envy you and your Daughter.
Have a wonderful time!

When I was on vacay with Mr. H., I had no friggin wifi. I had to write everything down, switch motels with bed bugs, and travel with nothing but a pad and pencil. He was hopeless.
At one point the host (ess) said if I wasn't getting reception in my room, I could come on up to the lobby. Yeah. Right.

Hairball T. Hairball said...

Hope you two have a blast on your trip!!