Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Hot Drink for a Cold Evening

There is nothing better on a cold day than a hot drink. As the temperature never rose above 32 degrees here today, I was definitely feeling the chill. Time for a nice hot drink, I do think. A quick search on the Internet located a simple recipe for an Instant Cappuccino Mix. I had made this recipe before, so I had all the necessary ingredients on hand.


The recipe calls for 1 cup hot cocoa mix, 3/4 cup instant coffee granules, 1/2 cup powdered non-dairy creamer, 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg.

I opt to put in only 1/4 teaspoon of the freshly grated nutmeg in this batch.


I place all the ingredients in an airtight container.


Cover tightly and shake well to combine.


This mix will last for several months if kept sealed and in a cool, dry location.



The directions say to add one heaping tablespoon of the mix to 6 ounces boiling water. I heat the mug of water in the microwave before adding two heaping tablespoons of the mix. What can I say? I like my cappuccino thick, rich and delicious.

Ah, much better.



I would also like to brag on one of my Internet friends. Rosie Hawthorne, whom I often reference, was recently written up in The Caswell Messenger. Good job, dear.

2 comments:

Rosie Hawthorne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosie Hawthorne said...

I deleted my post because I can't use proper grammar at times.

Anyway, I'm finally home.

Thank you Marilyn.