Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ham, I Am

Another day, another ham dish. Today I made ham salad for lunch.


Here I have ham, mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, celery and onion.



The first step was to trim the fat and skin from some ham. The cat got the trimmings. See all the ham I still have left? Oh joy.

I quickly chopped the ham in my processor.



Chopped celery, onion and mayonnaise were added to the meat. Then some relish and a touch of mustard were mixed in.



Lunch is ready.
And now, for dinner.
Ham-burger.





All right, I admit it. I am already tired of ham, so I bought some hamburger for tonight's dinner. My daughter requested burgers, so I grated in some onion and a clove of garlic. Salt and black pepper complete the seasonings.





After mixing thoroughly, I divided the meat into four sections.






My handy-dandy hamburger press was put to work.





This is the no-fuss, no-muss way to make hamburger patties.





It was at about this time when my husband told me that he wouldn't not be home for dinner. Oh well. So two patties were packaged for the freezer while the other two went into the fridge to await cooking.



A couple of pieces of bacon, a slice of cheese, onion, pickles and homemade barbecue sauce complete the sandwich. Now, this is a juicy burger. I might even be able to face the next ham dish now.


No comments: