Sunday, December 21, 2008

The End of an Era

Just in case you didn't know, I live with a couple of sports nuts. I knew I had lost my daughter to the dark side when she was just 13 days old and was mesmerized by the Bengals - Browns game on TV. There she was, wrapped up in her blanket, and propped up next to her dad on the couch and she was hooked.

Now, my dear daughter is hoping to major in Sports Marketing and Management in college and is planning to minor in Business and Coaching. I say hoping because she must apply in the spring of her sophomore year and only a select few are chosen for this major each year. She has been a manager of her high school football team for the past four years and can tell you just about anything you want to know about football and basketball. When she and my husband get started on the subject of sports I take that as my cue to leave the room.

As we make frequent trips to Indianapolis, I have been diligently taking pictures of the construction of the Lucas Oil Stadium for her. Lately, I have switched my focus on the destruction of the old RCA Dome.

The steps have been torn out.


The dome was slated to be imploded on Saturday, December 20. I am not sure how long this link will work, so I would suggest checking it out soon.


Saturday afternoon we drove by the demolished stadium. It had been reduced to a pile of rubble that morning.



You can just barely make out the remains of the stadium past the fence. Out with the old...



...And in with the new.


No comments: