Friday, March 28, 2008

Inspiration from a Friend

As I was lamenting to my friend, Rosie Hawthorne (of kitchensaremonkeybusiness.com fame), that I had 'lost' a recipe with sausage and apples, she told me of a simple recipe that she uses. I thanked her and made plans to make this dish for the next morning. And then my husband informed me at 11:56 pm that he was working the next morning. Okay. So now it would be our lunch.



Rosie's recipe calls for four ingredients: sliced kielbasa, an apple, sliced and cinnamon and sugar.



Rosie obviously had a lot more confidence in my ability to correctly make this recipe as her instructions were simply this: Slice kielbasa, cook. Add sliced apple. Add sugar and cinnamon and cook.


I don't know if this is what my friend had in mind, but this is what I did. I seared the sliced kielbasa before adding the sliced apples. I sprinkled some of the cinnamon sugar mixture I had made some time ago over the contents of the pan and sauteed over medium heat. The next time I make this, I will make it in a larger pan so that the pan is not so crowded.





Since my husband not only went to work on a Saturday, but stayed late, I opted to place the finished dish in a chafing dish.




I like this shot.

The verdict? We loved this dish and there was nothing left after my husband got home. Thanks Rosie! You rock.

1 comment:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Rosie blushes. Glad you liked it.