Monday, September 21, 2009

Random Thoughts
Yes, I do have them, despite what my dear husband might infer: thoughts, that is. And I will admit that they are often random. But I guess that wouldn't surprise my husband of 26-1/2 years. Gotta love those spouses. Or bury them (just kidding, hon! Or am I?).
Growing up, I had a friend who swore that I needed a gong so that I could signal the rest of humanity when I was suddenly changing the subject. Mindful of that, I have attempted to warn my poor audiences throughout the years when my mind suddenly jumps ship, switches gears, changes directions - well, you get the idea.





Oncidium Orchid, also known as Dancing Ladies.


This is the first time this orchid has bloomed for me since I bought it several years ago.


Guess I should have ignored it years ago?

*Gong*



My Serrano chilies are doing well in their pot out on the deck. Now I need to find something to do with them. Since my family is a bit timid with the spicy flavors, I opted to preserve most of the chilies. I found this web site that showed how to dry the chilies. This ought to be fun. And I can add to the fun, er twine, as the season progresses.


*Gong*


As you may recall, the Foodie Daughter has been in charge of laundry for her old high school football teams' jerseys (and yes, that is correct, as there is the varsity team, the junior varsity team and the freshman team). Any way you slice it, that amounts to a lot of laundry.

I promised the daughter that I would share my patented secret laundry stain removal system.

**Drum roll, please**

It consists of one part Clorox2(tm) and one part Ivory(tm) dish soap plus as hot of water as the fabric (and you) can stand. Make sure to completely cover the clothing in the water. Mix in and let soak for as long as possible (at least an hour). Rinse before washing in the washing machine as usual. Please note that you will not likely see an improvement in the stain after soaking. Hopefully, the stain will release after washing, though. If not, try, try again. This seems to work best with organic stains, but don't be afraid to try this on other stains.





Dozens of football uniforms can't be wrong.


Dozens of football uniforms each week. Week after week. When does football season end? And why does a woman with a severe cold still gag when confronted with piles of this smelly stuff? Has the U.S. military considered using this stuff for chemical warfare? Or is that against the Geneva Convention?

2 comments:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

The orchid was well worth the wait. Beautiful. Alas. I finally gave up on mine.

Hairball T. Hairball said...

Thanks for sharing your secret stain remover with us!