Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Annual Eight Days of Ham - Part Deux

My dear husband received two hams this holiday season
and we've already been through one round of Hamness.

I got tired of the second ham taking up valuable real estate
in my freezer
so it was time to soldier through round two.


 This is a 14 to 16 pound bone-in fully cooked, smoked ham.


 I decided to cook the ham.
The company's directions suggest 10 minutes for every pound
at 335 degrees.

This came out to just under 3 hours of cooking time.

I scored the skin in a diamond pattern. 
I also poured water in the bottom of the roasting pan.

Then I poured a mixture of water, honey, brown sugar
and spice mixture (from the first ham) over the ham.


 After about 2 1/2 hours the ham is heated through.

By the way, for a roaster and ham this size,
I have to take a rack out of my small Jenn Air oven.

Le sigh.
Sometimes I feel like I am trying to cook in a child's play kitchen.


The ham is sliced and ready for plating.

Moist and tender.

And after cutting the remaining meat off the bone,
we have only 8 pounds, 6 7/8 ounces of ham left.

That is a lot of ham.

No comments: