Friday, February 6, 2009

Take the Long Way Home

I love to do the unexpected, and what could be more unexpected than to drive down lane-and-a-half, winding, hilly roads to the lake - and then back up again? Just call me silly.

I guess this is why the chicken crossed the road? I don't know. I got nuthin' here.




I do wish it to be noted that I actually did wait until the weather was above freezing before I began this journey. And yes, it is all downhill from here.


I feel so sorry for this guy. Ten years and counting and no one has been nice enough to dial 911.


Moores Creek seems to be frozen over.



Even Lake Monroe seems to be frozen over.




Now, despite the footprints that I see, I have no desire to see just how solid - or not - this ice is.





Ice. And snow. How nice.
Okay, I'm going home now.


13 comments:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Every time I see the guy hanging from the barn, I just laugh.

Kathy said...

Beautiful. Now you see why I love snow?

Anonymous said...

More snow pictures please you. We do not have snow in Ausert.

Anonymous said...

The chicken. Did it not taste good.
What a find.

Your friend in Papua New Guinea.

Anonymous said...

Lucky woman. That chicken would feed my family of 15 for a week.
You are blessed.

Natasha from Panfilovskoye, Kyrgyzstan

Anonymous said...

I your blog love. I from Takhtapara, Turkmenistan .
Know you my country?
That chicken. Feed my family for month.

Rosie Hawthorne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That chicken. I want.
We village. We raise child.
Need chicken.

Rosie Hawthorne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosie Hawthorne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Village need chicken be Taandani, Tanzania

Anonymous said...

We at Laem Sing, Chanthaburi that chicken need. Please. Us you do consider for chicken.Give us to chicken. We poor. Hungry. Food we need. Please, sir. Chicken.

Donna-FFW said...

I so adore all of these pictures. They are beautiful and funny. Nice!