Thursday, February 12, 2009

Finally Dinner

The morning after the storm dawned bright and clear. Time to head out and run some errands.

So that's where they put that sign. Would it have killed them to put a sign out by the subdivision? Guess I'll have to find another way to town.


You know, I'm not in that much of a hurry. I think I'll stop at the Clear Creek Trail and take a little walk.

Clear Creek is up after the melting snow and heavy rains.


I don't think those trees like being in the creek.



Isn't it a beautiful day?










Guess I have to take a detour on the way home too.






Well, look what I found while walking around the house today. This is a cocoon, most likely of the Cecropia Moth. This cocoon is about four inches long.




Our neighbor's cats have taken over the swing (which fell during yesterday's storm). Aren't they cute?
All right, the long awaited dinner is finally ready for us.






First we have a nice salad of Romaine lettuce, red onion, blue cheese crumbles, Sugar and Spice Nuts and Honey French Dressing.




The Turkey Cordon Bleu were seared in a cast iron skillet before being finished off in the oven.





The Carrot Souffle was rich and sweet, with undertones of vanilla flavoring the carrot.
I'm so glad we finally got to eat this dinner.

1 comment:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

The salad looks wonderful, as does the turkey. And Imonna hafta make that carrot souffle.

And please tell me how to put the little accent ague on the e.