Friday, April 4, 2008

Spring Moments

Okay, if you are anything like me, you are on the edge of your seat, at the end of your rope, ready to do serious harm to all around you (just give me a reason why!). So take a deep breath, try to relax and let go of those hateful thoughts. Just remember: those sorts of thoughts are very unhelpful and can kill karma in a single moment. So instead, I offer these early spring-time pictures to help lower your blood pressure.


If you have ever carefully watched the crocuses bloom, you would know that first the yellow, then the purple, then the white/purple streaked and then the white crocus bloom. Unfortunately, my yellow crocusses have died out, leaving only the other blooms to carry out the important duty of announcing the herald of spring to Southern Indiana.


At last my daffodils are blooming. Oh shush, these blooms went into a pitcher soon after their photographic session. And just in case you are wondering, you cannot put any other cut flowers in the same water as cut daffodils. It would seem that daffodils are rather petulant and refuse to share the spotlight. Oh, all right. Cut daffodils secrete a chemical substance into the water that inhibits other flowers from being able to continue to bloom after being cut.


This is a new plant for me. It is a Regal Geranium (Pelargonium). I like it already.

No comments: