Thursday, April 17, 2008

Just One of Those Days

You would have loved my day yesterday. First, I was getting ready to go out and was trying to dry my hair. The day before I had noticed that the hair dryer was trying to die. "Why, yes, I had noticed it, but I thought you already knew," says the hubby. Um, how would I know? I don't blow dry my hair when I'm staying home. Just thought I'd warn you so you wouldn't expect me to look like a movie star if you happen to drop in on me unannounced.

Anyway, I may be jumping to conclusions, but I would tend to think the fact that the hair dryer burst into flames in my hand just might be confirmation that it is dying (or now dead). Not to worry, it didn't hurt me, just startled me.

Then, I went to get my allergy shots and admitted that I've been having trouble breathing the past couple of weeks because of my asthma. So they wouldn't give me the shots. I haven't even needed to use my emergency inhaler. They were just being mean. Note to self: next time lie. Disclaimer: lying is not a good thing. You shouldn't lie to your doctor.

And later that day, I got the call from the health insurance nurse. Our health insurance is apparently concerned because I have been costing them money, so they want me to participate in a special program called "ConditionCare", which is proscribed for members with certain medical condtions. The nurse asked if I knew why they wanted me in the "voluntary" and "free" program. I responded with, "so they could save money on me." She didn't like that answer. "No, no. We just want to educate you so you can better take care of your health." Yeah, right. And that's what the internet is for.

Days like this make me very glad that there are only 24 hours in each day.

1 comment:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Just let me say one thing about insurance companies: The only thing they cover is their own ass.