Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Special Day, Continued

As promised, I am reporting the events of my 25th anniversary and the remaining surprises my husband had for me.

Once he returned home this afternoon, I presented him with the gifts I had gotten for him. Our town has an Arts Festival every year on Labor Day weekend. I try to find unique and special items each time I go. This year I found an artist from Floyds Knobs, IN, who had some lovely water colors and signed and numbered prints. Her name is Cathy Hillegas and I will be looking for her and her work at the next Arts Festival. I bought a couple of signed and numbered prints from her as well as three note cards, which I then transformed into a framed montage. I later found some frames for the prints and finished the gifts for my husband. He will have to decide if he wants to hang them here at home or in his office at the bank.













I had been told to dress up as we were once again going out to eat this evening. My daughter took it upon herself to supervise my wardrobe selections, since she didn't want me to wear my usual black. She then applied my makeup and curled my hair. I was ready just in time, as our ride arrived: a black stretch limo. It seems that one of the perks of purchasing a large diamond for an engagement ring (or to set in an existing ring) from this particular local jeweler is a complimentary dinner at a local restaurant, complete with an evening of being chauffeured around in a limousine. Our daughter Kelley rode with us up to the restaurant and then was driven back home while we dined in style. We started off with salads, and then my husband had a Maytag blue cheese filet while I had a Hawaiian rib eye steak. Each dinner came with garlic mashed potatoes and another side item. Once we were pleasantly full, the limo whisked us back home. What can I say? It was wonderful and I will remember this weekend for a very long time. As my daughter would say, not a bad investment for 25 years of marriage. Thank you, dear, and thank you, Kelley, for your help!

1 comment:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Oh my. Sniff, sniff.
Hugs to you, dear.