Thursday, January 24, 2008

Artsy-Tartsy

It's a bad thing when I am bored. A very bad thing. So I wander around my house, taking pictures. After my daughter reminded me that my camera was in my purse. Good girl.






As I am a gardener at heart, I just had to do a potting shed room box. I just wish I had a life size version of this. Psst: I'm so proud. I made the potting bench. The scene in the window is a picture from my old garden. Why couldn't I take that arbor with me when we moved?







I was 11 years old when I drew this.





I was also 11 when I drew this cat. Yes, I know one ear is larger than the other one. It's that sort of thing that ended my career as an artist.


If anyone is interested in discovering their inner artist, I heartily recommend the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. As a disclaimer, I will say that I went into the book with the idea that I would once again take up drawing, but ended up in photography and writing. Am I upset? No, I am just happy that I have been able to overcome some of my many inhibitions.

This may be a fair trade after all...

No comments: