Saturday, January 19, 2008

My “Bucket List”, part I

I must admit that this name is much better than my previously used “Things I Want to Do before I Die List”. Perhaps it is the fact that I recently turned 45 years old or that my husband and I just celebrated our 25th anniversary, but I have found myself thinking about my bucket list lately. Are there things I wish to accomplish before I die? What are they and how close am I to achieving them? Are there more items I want to add to this list?



1) Learn to eat with chopsticks – check.

2) Travel all the way around in a revolving door – check.

3) Ride in a limo – check.

4) Learn how to play with a yo-yo – check.

5) Learn how to play the mountain dulcimer – still in progress.

6) Write a cookbook – still in progress.

7) Write a gardening book – started.

8) Write a fictionalized version of my life story – planning.

9) Get a hummingbird to land on my finger – check, and yes, it is possible if you are patient and still enough.

10) Experience a cicada Brood X “invasion” – check. 2004 was the first time I lived in an area that had them and it was amazing to see all the thousands of insects that were everywhere. Sit still outside long enough and you will have them on you. But not to worry. They don’t bite and they really are gentle.

11) See the Northern Lights – not yet.

12) See an Alaskan glacier – not yet.

13) Visit Biltmore Estate – not yet.

14) See the fall foliage in New England – and not yet.

15) Explore a local cave – need a buddy for that one, as well as water and more flashlights and batteries than you ever think you will need.

Cute things, but they refuse to stay still long enough to get a good picture.



I am sure that I will continue to find items to add to my list, but this is a good start. Well, off to see what I can do next…

1 comment:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

I remember an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond when Debra had Raymond make a list and I think #3 was "to never throw up again."