Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Frosty Morning and a Special Day








I woke up to a beautiful, if cold, morning. Camera in hand, I set out to attempt to capture some of the beauty around me.




A tangle of barberry and a prostrate azalea are transformed by the heavy frost.



Part of the beauty of a heavy frost is its ability to alter our perceptions and seem to change the very nature of ordinary objects.















A view from my front porch. The concrete silo is the only sign that this neighbohood lies on an old farm.








Another view from my front porch.






And a hint at why this is also a special day. Today is my 25th anniversary. I am not sure the nervous bride-to-be ever expected the life that lay ahead of her that day so long ago. My dear husband managed to surprise me (no easy feat) and bought me a dozen red roses...







Before presenting me with my original wedding ring set (he and my daughter had convinced me that I was only getting the ring resized and the setting repointed), complete with a new, much larger diamond.










Then while we were waiting for dinner at our local Red Lobster(tm), my husband gave me a box containing my original diamond that has been put into a setting for a necklace. My understanding is that the surprises aren't over yet, though. I will report on that, as well as my less than stellar presents that I will be giving to my husband.



4 comments:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Lovely frost pictures.
Nice rock, too.
I told you Kelley was a good actress.

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Oh, and Happy Anniversary!

Rosie Hawthorne said...

My favorite picture is the sixth one. I don't know what that hangie downie thingie is, but the picture is a winner.

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Seriously, Mar, if you have a state fair, which I think you do, or whatever, to enter that picture in, DO it!