Thursday, May 5, 2011

Is It Time to Build That Ark Yet?


After receiving a record 11.14 inches of rain in April
and 3.5 inches already in May,
we are feeling a bit wet around here.













After running some errands today I decided to go down to Lake Monroe to watch the water wash over the spillway as the lake is at record levels. Apparently, that was not meant to be.




So I went up to the dam overlook, but found that the view was not that great. On to plan B. Always have a plan B. Even if you have to make it up on the spot.


The lake is up 19 feet over normal pool levels.













That puts it less than a foot below the road I was
driving across at this point.












Plan B turned out to be me going to the
Fairfax State Recreational Area and
purchasing a yearly pass that is good for all Indiana state parks
before driving in.

The beach is closed.
The parking lot is closed.















The bathrooms are surrounded.






























Call me silly, but I don't think that is 300 feet.
















Sailing boats at the marina.
















The workers are trying to rig a temporary walkway
to the floating docks.
































































More docks that have to be reached.


















But not this way.

























I didn't do it.

And more rain is in the forecast.
Joy.