Friday, August 13, 2010

The Best BBQ Sauce,


Times Two



After much trial and error,

I think that I finally found the ideal recipe

for BBQ sauce.



And luckily for you,

I am willing to share the recipe with you.







The ingredients for the Original Recipe are:



1-1/2 cup water (not pictured)

1 (6 oz. can) tomato paste

1/2 cup white vinegar

1/2 cup whiskey

½ cup honey*


2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce


1-1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring

2 tablespoons dark molasses


1/3 cup onion, grated


1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, grated


3/4 cup brown sugar


2 teaspoons kosher salt


1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper

1/4 teaspoon paprika


1/2 teaspoon onion powder


1/2 tablespoon dried chile pepper flakes

*Sadly, this spelled the end of my stash


of Sourwood honey that I had purchased


last year in Nashville, TN.







The Original Recipe sauce is in the pan in the forefront.




The Foodie Daughter has requested that I make


a milder, sweeter version.


That is in the pan in the rear.






For that version,


I only put in 1/2 teaspoon dried chile pepper flakes


and I added 2 tablespoons honey more.






The sauces were brought to a boil


and then the heat was turned down and


the sauces simmered for 1-1/4 hours,


or until they had reduced in volume by half.









The sauces were then poured into labeled containers.



After cooling, place in the refrigerator.



Be warned that these will not last long.

No comments: