Friday, May 11, 2012

Yet Another Lunch at the University Club

This time the occasion was the Old Board/New Board Lunch.

This is the one board meeting where we are treated to lunch
and as the name suggests, both the outgoing and the incoming
board members are in attendance.

Usually, the board meetings are working brown bag lunches.

And here's an interesting tidbit: 
IMU rules state that no food from outside restaurants 
can be brought onto the premises.  
One can bring food from home or pick up food from the grocery store 
or buy food from one of the restaurants on site.



 We started out with a salad of mixed greens, 
julienned cucumber, and roasted tomatoes in a light vinaigrette.


 The entree choices were Wasabi Chicken over a bed of rice, 
grape tomatoes, and sauteed snow peas,

or Stuffed Portobella Mushroom with the same accoutrements.

As I am famously allergic to chicken,
I chose the stuffed Portabella entree.

This was as large as it looks.
I could only eat half of it.

It was also wonderfully tasty.
Some of the ingredients that I was able to identify 
were red onion, red bell pepper, yellow squash, 
and fresh parsley, with a bread crumb topping.

I will have to work on recreating this dish.



 The much anticipated finale to the meal was an 
ice cream ball,
which was a scoop of vanilla ice scream, rolled in chopped 
pecans and doused with a rich chocolate sauce.

I could only eat half of mine and I was teased mercilessly 
about that.
Haven't people ever heard about lactose intolerance?


At any rate, I traded in my old job and got "promoted."
Lucky me.

 
 While driving through town today,
I noticed something odd:
There were brains!
Huge brains.

 
And there's another one.


1 comment:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

When you figger out the stuffed mushroom, call me. :)