Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Eight Days of Ham
- The Wrap-Up?

This year it seemed as if the Eight Days of Ham
would never end.

Perhaps that is because after eleven days
we still have ham left?
Yeah, that could be it.


 I was left alone on New Year's Eve,
so I had a ham loaf sandwich
on the Seventh Day of Ham.

(We had ham sandwiches for lunch
and we went out to eat for dinner
on the Sixth Day of Ham.)


 On the Eighth Day of Ham
I stuffed some ham in boneless pork loin chops.


 First I cut slits in the pork loin chops
and then placed a bit of the ham and some
honey mustard in the slit.


 Then the pork loin chops were seasoned with 
kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.

These were sauteed in a bit of olive oil 
over medium high heat until the internal temperature
reaches 140 degrees.

Remove from the heat and cover with foil.
Allow to rest and to bring the temperature 
up 5 to 10 degrees.

If desired, deglaze the pan with a bit
of white wine or sherry.

Pour over the pork loin chops.





Moist and tender and perfectly cooked.

Served with coleslaw and this is my take
on the traditional German good luck
New Year's meal.


I was asked to make ham salad
with the remaining ham.
And so I did.

By this time I was so tired of ham
that I neglected to take pictures.
But by now you know
what the ham salad looks like.

We still have ham salad left.
Hopefully, someone else
with eat that ham salad for me.

No comments: