Thursday, January 12, 2012

An Anniversary Lunch at Farm Bloomington

Today is our 29th anniversary
and the Foodie Husband and I had business
in downtown Bloomington today.
We decided to have lunch together afterwards.

I gave him a choice of three restaurants
and he decided on Farm Bloomington
since it was the closest one.
 Can't say I can blame him as it was cold and snowing.
 Not many people are out today because of the weather.


 The decor is interesting.


 Those are bedpans on the wall - between the bathrooms.


 Old quilts act as room dividers.


After perusing the menu, we ordered.
My husband ordered the omelet special of the day.
This had cheddar cheese, chorizo and ham.
It came with fries.

He liked the omelet very much.


 I ordered the Jim's Pork Burger.
This was a "house-made Pork Patty with Apple Butter
on Pullman Bread."

The server suggested cheddar cheese and bacon
and a side of Farm fries.

That sounded good.


 This is one tall sandwich.


 I cut the sandwich in half.

The pork patty is filled with peppers.
It was nice and juicy and slightly spicy.
The apple butter was made in house,
and the bread was artisan-made.

The fries were hand cut and
even the catsup was made in house.

But in the end I had to take half my food home with me
as I was full after just half the sandwich.
  
I will definitely come back here.

Chef Daniel Orr
has written two cookbooks.
I may have to see about getting them.



My wonderful husband
even brought me flowers.
Thank you dear!

Happy Anniversary 
and thank you for a lovely lunch.

5 comments:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Happy Anniversary, Mar and Mr. P.!

This part of the menu:
"Top 5 Breakfast Spots
Food Network Magazine - Best Burger in Indiana, Lugar Burger," in particular the Lugar Burger, gave me unfortunate mental images.

Rosie Hawthorne said...

BTW, nice roses.

My word verification is "HAWABATI."

You can bet I'll work that into my vocabulary tomorrow.

Rosie Hawthorne said...

This one gave me pause too:


“Jerk My Chicken Pie” Mango Chutney, Avocado, Jerk Chicken, Black Beans, Boursin

Am I the only one with this sort of mind?
It's a burden, I tell ya.

Marilyn said...

If it's any consolation, the Lugar Burger is named after Indiana's senior Senator. But yes, it is a rather unfortunate name.

Thank you. Minx likes the roses too.

And that is why we love ya, Rosie.

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Aw, shucks.