Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Lunch at the University Club

This past week we had our second luncheon 
of the year 
(please note that the year runs from August to May).

Our speaker was the police chief from the 
Indiana University Police Department, or IUPD,
and he spoke to us about his department
and crime on campus.

It was an informative talk and we all learned
a great deal.
For instance, IU is the only university in the country
that has its own police force.
IU also has its own police academy
and recently welcomed its 1,000th cadet into the program.
But this is still primarily a food blog,
so on to the food.


We started off with a traditional spinach salad
with sliced hard-boiled egg,
mushrooms and redo onion with ranch dressing.

Nice, but I would have preferred a different dressing
for this salad.


We had the choice between 
Fisher Farms sorghum glazed pork loin 
with rice pilaf and haricot vert 
or bowtie pasta sauteed with olive oil, garlic and herbs, 
zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes and olives.

I chose the pork loin.
It was delicious, moist and tender.
They cooked it perfectly.

I need to figure out the recipe for the glaze.


Dessert was a coconut rice pudding.

Interesting,
sweet and chewy,
but not quite my thing.
But then again, 
I am not a desserts person.

IMU catering did a wonderful job as always
and our speaker was quite delightful.



As I was walking out to my car
I was presented with this lovely view.

It was a good day.

No comments: