Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bringing the Indoors Back Inside

I dread this time of year.
The time when I have to bring my houseplants
back inside before the first frost of the season.

The first frost was this past weekend,
so last Friday the Foodie Boyfriend helped
me wash down the plants and then bring them 
back inside.


Now the great room looks
"like a rainforest threw up in it",
to quote the Foodie Boyfriend.

The plants love being outside in the summer
and they thrived in the outdoors.
Unfortunately, 
that just meant that they grew all that much larger
over the summer.

And I still have a bay tree and a rosemary plant
to bring in.
Wonder where they will fit in amidst all this greenery?

2 comments:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

I usually kill a few of mine during the summer.

Marilyn said...

Interesting. I usually kill, or at least maim mine during the winter!