Saturday, October 15, 2011

Autumn on the IU Campus

On Friday I had a meeting at the IMU
and the Foodie Daughter also had some appointments
on campus, so she generously offered to drive my car
and drop me off at my meeting.
That meant that I would have to wait for her to pick
me back up afterwards.
No problem as these meetings usually run long.
Except for this one.
Isn't that how it always works?

I had an hour to kill while I waited for my ride to appear.
No problem.
The IMU is one of the largest student unions in the world
and it was a beautiful day outside.
I was sure I could find something to do in that hour.



The grounds crew changes out the landscaping
to match the season.

In front of the IMU a mass of mums welcome the 
students and visitors.
The IMU also hosts many conferences
and houses a large hotel
 so many 
out-of-state visitors stay here.


The Jordan River flows next to the IMU.


Dunn cemetery sits next to the IMU.
The university does not own this cemetery.


Beck Chapel is situated nearby.





I wandered inside the chapel.
Interesting stained glass.
This reminds me of a musical score.

Please forgive the poor quality of the pictures.
I forgot to bring my camera (bad blogger!) with me
so I was using my old phone to take these pictures.


Looking towards the front of the chapel.


Another stained glass window.


The organ sits at the back of the chapel.


A stained glass window at the front of the chapel.


I wish I had my camera with me so I could have 
gotten a better picture of this lovely window.


The inside of the doors to the chapel.

IU is known for its beautiful campus
and you have just seen only a tiny portion of it.
It truly is beautiful any time of year.

3 comments:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Loved the stained glass.

Anonymous said...

These pictures are great. Hard to believe they were taken with a phone!

It's me, Vera Charles. I just don't have another account set up to leave my name.

Wonder Schwermin said...

So nice to see the IMU at the mist beautiful time of year.