Sunday, March 6, 2011

Roasted Pork Loin


I found a pork loin on sale at my regular grocery store

and began planning a meal around it.








Search out the sales in the meat case.




Brining lean cuts of pork before cooking is a good way

to keep the meat moist.



For this brine I combined

about 1/4 cup kosher salt

1/4 cup brown sugar

black pepper corns

red chile flakes

1/4 cup cider vinegar

1 tablespoon maple syrup

1 quart water



I heated this in the microwave for five minutes

and then stirred to dissolve the salt and sugar.



Then I added ice cubes and allowed the mixture

to come to room temperature

before placing the meat in the brine solution.








After one hour I removed the meat.

It is important to not let the meat sit in the brine for too long

as the brine will change the texture of the meat.



I laid out a grid of cut carrots and onions in a baking dish.


These acted as a rack to keep the roast up off the bottom of

the baking dish.




I salted and peppered the roast and added

Herbes de Provence and olive oil to the roast before baking

at 350 for about one and a half hours or until

the roast reached 140 degrees.

Cover with foil and allow to rest for ten to fifteen minutes

before carving.



Ready to serve.





Roasted pork loin with honey mustard,

the carrots and onion



Very nice.

The Foodie Girls know how to eat.

No comments: