Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pork Loin Enchiladas


I had some leftover pork loin from the other night

and wanted to make something different with the leftovers.


Luckily for me,

I had a good resource to turn to:

Rosie Hawthorne's blog,



And what do you know?

She had recently made a pork recipe using

a barbecue sauce that I had sent her.


Sounds like a plan.






I dug around in the pantry and fridge and came up with:

tortillas

mild chiles

onion,

fresh mozzarella

pepper jack cheese

sharp cheddar cheese

Colby jack cheese

pork loin




I shredded the pork loin and added about

three tablespoons Sycamore Falls original style

barbecue sauce.







I sliced some onion and the peppers and sauteed these

with the pork and barbecue sauce.






Then I began assembling the enchiladas.








A line of the meat and onions and peppers

topped by the mixed grated cheeses.



Roll the tortilla and place on the baking tray.






I grated the remaining cheddar cheese on top.



These went under the broiler for a few minutes

until the cheese melted and the top was browned.







Looks and smells delicious.







Top with a bit of sour cream and enjoy.


The Foodie Boyfriend thought this would be even better

with pico de gallo and has already requested this for

his birthday next week.


Thanks for the recipe, Rosie!

1 comment:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

You're quite welcome.
Glad you liked it.