Sunday, October 3, 2010

Indiana University Football

and Fall Weather

Yesterday was another big home game for IU.

Michigan was coming to town.

The game was a sell-out.

IU Memorial Stadium has a capacity of 52, 929 fans.

You wouldn't believe the noise.

By the way,

the Foodie Boyfriend is in this picture

(Find Waldo!)

He works security for IUPD

and was working the sidelines

across the way

by the student section.

Remember how I was complaining about the lack of rain?

Be careful what you wish for.

This day of all days,

it finally decided to rain.

The rain started just as we left the house

and ended right before game time.

It was only a quarter of an inch of rain.

Not much, but just enough

to put a damper on our tailgating duties.

Blue skies!

Full stands!

Between plays

I watched the clouds roll by.

The game was close

and IU held on,

determined to win against

the powerhouse that is Michigan.

The crowds stayed to the bitter end.

Even as the clouds cleared out.


IU fell in the final minute of play,

after failing to score in the final seconds

of the game in order to force the game

into overtime.

Final score:

Michigan 42

IU 35

Last week we were in the suite that

sits above the letters "SIT" in

the word "UNIVERSITY."

And now a word from our sponsor.

As we waited for the numerous vehicles

to depart the area,

we sat by our car and relaxed in

the chilly autumn air.

Enjoy the sunset photos.

The dying sunlight strikes Assembly Hall,

home of IU Basketball.

Looking to the east, south-east.

Never forget to take a moment to enjoy the little things

in life.


Rosie Hawthorne said...

Beautiful sunset pics.

Gee, I wonder who the visitor on your Feedjit from Kalispell, Montana is.

Marilyn said...

Rosie, that you?

Marilyn said...

What you doing way up there?

Rosie Hawthorne said...

That was me.

Left Seattle yesterday afternoon and headed for Hoquiam, WA for the night.

Going down Pacific Highway 101 today.

Yeah, I know. I'm woefully behind in blogging. Damn internet services vary greatly from place to place.

Night before last I was in Spokane, WA. Terrific connection, so I got caught up with all my Yellowstone pics to the tune of 4 AM EDT. That's only 1 AM Pacific time. I go to bed at Eastern time and wake up Mountain/Pacific time.
We'll see how long that lasts. Been working for 3 weeks so far.