Sunday, March 7, 2010

Girls' Day Out


A few weeks ago the Foodie Daughter approached me
with an idea for a mother-daughter outing.


A couple of years ago we attended a live performance of
Riverdance and enjoyed it immensely,
despite the fact that I had a human bobble-head
sitting in the seat in front of me.


This time around,
Lord of the Dance
had come to town.
Sounds like a plan, dear daughter.






But first, the two Foodie girls felt the need for

sustenance.


After reviewing several options
(this town is a foodie's paradise, after all),
we decided to go to our favorite downtown restaurant,


Upon arrival, we were informed that there would
be a 20 to 25 minute wait.
But wait - the Foodie Daughter is now 21,
so we could sit at the bar.
And there was no wait for that.
Score!


I warned my daughter that she would have to
get her driver's license ready.
I just didn't realize that I also would have to show my ID.
Squee! I got carded!
While eating out with my 21 year-old daughter.
What a nice bartender.


Of course we had to order the Dill Chips as a starter.

The dish is described thusly:
dill chips (SBH Hot)
thick sliced pickles, brewhomemade batter,
horseradish sauce or ranch dressing. $7.75


I decided to order that Hoosier classic
- a breaded pork tenderloin sandwich.
I also chose to have seasoned waffle fries with my meal.

This was a breaded pork center-cut tenderloin,
fried golden brown on a toasted kaiser bun. $10.25
The sandwich was hearty, meaty
and not even remotely greasy.
Not necessarily an easy feat to achieve.
The waffle fries were crispy on the outside
and light and fluffy on the inside.
Just how I like my fries.
The service was terrific,
the staff was friendly
and the food was delicious.
And now you know why this is one of our favorite
restaurants in town.
After we had feasted,
we headed to campus and spent some time
wandering the Indiana Memorial Union (the IMU)*
until it was time to head to the Auditorium for the show.
All in all, we had an enjoyable time
and welcomed the chance to bond once again.
*Expect to see a post on that soon.
Bonus:
As I was driving to a luncheon in town the other day,
I spotted this amusing sight.
I thought you would enjoy seeing it also.

Admit it:
it's not every day that you see
a rubber chicken hanging out of the
back of a vehicle, now is it?

No comments: