Saturday, December 22, 2007

Marshmallows, Take Two

On a whim yesterday, I decided to make marshmallows again, this time with Lyle's Golden Syrup(tm) instead of the standard light corn syrup. The result is a mellow, off-white confection with a delightful flavor. As I have shown you the process before, I won't bore you with the recipe. I thought you might enjoy some of the highlights of this session:



This is a recreation of what I had to do yesterday. As I was pouring the hot syrup into the bowl while running the hand mixer, I realized I needed to start the timer. Hmm, both hands are busy, no one else is around. Maybe, I can reach up with my foot and hit the button. Success! Sh, I know it looks silly.


All right. Alton Brown lied. Despite following his directions, the marshmallows are firmly attached to the pan.







Whew. I ran a greased spatula around the edge of the pan and the marshmallow finally released.



The goodies are wrapped and ready to be given to my nieces and nephews.

No comments: