Sunday, June 5, 2011

Garden Denizens and then Some

I am for the most part fond of my animal neighbors.
There are a few I could do without*, but most are harmless
and even cute.

*Wasps, slugs, mosquitoes, gnats, flies, racoons, skunks,
to name just a few.
And I happen to like non-poisonous snakes, by the way.


After the first storm a couple of weeks ago,
we found a couple of gray tree frogs on both the
back and front doors.





Aren't they the cutest things?


Click on the picture to see the Eastern Bluebird.
This is a male.


I finally got around to putting the bluebird house
up on one of the deck posts and the bluebirds returned.


A male Goldfinch sits on the butterfly bush.
Click on the picture for a better look.


This weekend a 1929 Ford Tri-Motor came to town,
offering rides to interested people.
As usual, the plane (the plane!) flew over the neighborhood.
The cost of a plane ride is $50 for members and
$60 for non-members.




This plane was used in the movie "Public Enemies"
about John Dillinger with Johnny Depp.


I think I'll stay on the ground, thank you very much.


Last fall all of our fish succumbed to Ich, that dreaded
disease of the aquarium.

When our grandson asked where the fish had gone,
we told him that the fish had gone on vacation.

After several months of having an empty aquarium,
we cleaned everything well and allowed it to cycle
before adding three platies.

Two weeks later I changed out some water
and checked on the fish.

But what is that in the picture?

Click on it to see.


Platies are like tribbles.
Those things are born pregnant.

Now we have three baby fish.



Now, what we gonna do?


Those darn fish.

1 comment:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

I'm sure Minx could help you out there.