Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Natural Progression of a Sunset x 2


Today has been an odd day, with thunder sounding

in the distance for most of the day.


A check of The Weather Channel's web site

confirms that we are surrounded by slow moving storms.


Here?

It has only rained for about an hour.

Yet we have listened to the sound of thunder for most of the day.


Curious.







I was hoping to catch sight of our newest visitors

to the butterfly bushes, the goldfinches,

but caught this sight instead.




Later, yet another camera-worthy view

over our chimney.






These things are worth waiting for.


Total time?

A little more than an hour.





Meanwhile,

out front my evil doppelganger

was busy with her camera on the front porch.*

*If you believe that,

I have some ocean-front property to sell you in Iowa.

Call me.

I can make you a deal.**


**Deals may or may not benefit the buyer.





The light is beginning to change, ever so slightly.





Keep watching.






It looks like we are going through the color spectrum.
















I'm rather partial to this palate.










Lovely, isn't it?




By the way,

the later photos were all taken

using the sunset setting on my camera.


It allows the colors to "pop."