Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Clean Up on Aisle Three


Once again I find that I have several unrelated tidbits to share.


So let's just go at it, shall we?







Well, this is unusual.


I have to say that I've never seen a cat in such a position.




I guess it's comfy?





The other day I was trying to take a picture

of one of my peony blooms.



But every time I attempted to take the shot,

a certain cat would jostle my hand.



Click on the picture to see the tell-tale whiskers in the

lower left-hand part of the photo.






Finally!

I scooted the cat away so I could get a clear shot.









The other evening

the Foodie Daughter ran into in the house

and demanded that we all rush out to the back deck.



This is the sight she wanted us to see.



Can anyone give me an explanation for this phenomenon?



For reference,

we are facing east-southeast at sunset.

There are clearly rays radiating from the horizon,

but this is directly opposite the position of the setting sun.



There is also a full moon.



Only twice have I witnessed this phenomenon,

both times from this same location

and at roughly the same time of day.






The last photo was taken using the automatic setting.



This photo was taken with the the night time landscape setting.







And this was taken with the sunset setting.


I would dearly love to hear your thoughts on why we

have a "false sunset."
Edit:
After an embarrassing short Internet search,
I found the answer.
Huh? Who makes up these words?
I still don't quite understand it, but I'll accept it.

1 comment:

Ubiquitous said...

Cute cat! SWMBO used to perch in strange positions.