Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mini Meatloaves and a Very Good Meal
The Foodie Daughter had recently asked for meatloaf with a twist. Well, doesn't she know me well? I think I can rise to this challenge.


First of all we will begin by making mini-meatloaves. Then we will be covering each meatloaf with bacon. What's not to love?

Then I move on to one of the Foodie Daughter's favorite side dishes - pea salad.

For the next side dish I cut a few stems of flat leaf parsley (Italian parsley).


Just so you can get an idea of the size of these leaves, here is a quarter. These are some serious parsley leaves.



I chopped the parsley before adding them to a couple of tablespoons of softened butter.




Here I have a medley of mixed baby potatoes.
They were cleaned, and cooked in the microwave for several minutes until soft.






Then the herbed butter was stirred in and salt and black pepper were added to the mix.






Once the desired temperature of 160 degrees was reached, the mini meatloaves were removed from the oven and the meat was allowed to rest.




I decided to let my meatloaf rest on my plate.





Can I eat yet? Please?




At least can I eat the potatoes?
Okay, why haven't I made this again?

No comments: