Saturday, October 25, 2008

Autumn Interlude


One of the perks of being the Thrice Potent Master's wife is that I get to attend all sorts of events at the Scottish Rite in Indianapolis. Last evening we attended a play entitled "Love, Sex and the IRS". This was a very enjoyable comedy and the cast was quite engaging. I found out afterwards that I actually knew a few of the cast members. All in all, this was an enjoyable evening and my husband and I had a very nice time.


At the end of the evening we found out that our daughter's old high school football team had won their sectional game and so they get to play for at least one more week. Oh goody; another week of having Gatorade(tm) in my refrigerator before the game. I love that my daughter loves being manager of her old high school's team, but I do lament the loss of my refrigerator space.



The Indianapolis Scottish Rite Cathedral recently replaced the old spot lights highlighting the bell tower with new, energy efficient LED lights with color filters. Every few seconds the color of the bell tower changed colors. I watched as the colors ranged from yellow to orange to red to green to blue to purple. Awesome.



Scene break: the next morning:


I am once again attempting to get a good picture of my black orchid. My cat Midnight feels the need to investigate the situation.



I feel the need to remind you that this is a very difficult flower to photograph. But then again, I do love a challenge. Maybe some day I will actually get it right.



And this is my 'Blushing Ladies' moth orchid (phalaeonopsis). One of the interesting things about this orchid family is that the blooms are so long-lived that once they do begin to fade and drop, people wrongly think that they have somehow killed these hardy orchids. The truth is that orchids are very tolerant of their environment and can even accept our sometimes less than prompt attentions.


Tonight I will leave with the thought that each day is ours and ours alone. Enjoy and leave a positive mark on each place you have visited.

2 comments:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Hmmmm. Thrice Potent Master's wife.

What the hell does that mean?
Sounds kinky.

Nice orchids.

Marilyn said...

Hee, hee, that's why we call them TPM's instead.